The new ACRL Framework for Information Literacy Toolkit is intended as a freely available professional development resource that can be used and adapted by both individuals and groups in order to foster understanding and use of the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education.
The ACRL Framework Toolkit contains four modules:
- Finding Time to Engage the Framework,
- The Framework’s Structure,
- Foundations of the Framework, and
- Strategies for Using the Framework.
A fifth module, Collaboration and Conversations with the Framework, is currently in development. Each module includes essential questions, learning outcomes, and active learning resources such as guided reading activities, discussion prompts, and lists of key readings.
The ACRL Framework Toolkit resources are designed to be used in a variety of ways:
- for their individual professional development needs;
- to form a community of practice with their colleagues around the Framework and information literacy; and
- to develop workshops and professional development opportunities in their libraries and also for local, regional, and state-level events and conferences.
Looks like quite a valuable resource!